Thunder Bay's Community Foundation is playing Santa Claus by handing out over 200-thousand dollars in grants to 23 local charities.
Foundation Executive Director Bonnie Moore says it was hard deciding who was on the receiving end.
"The projects are all really excellent but the decisions are based really on money and once it's gone we're done."
The Community Foundation's money comes directly from donors in our community.
This year's recipients include:
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Thunder Bay
- Community Arts-Heritage Education Project
- George Jeffrey Children's Foundation
- Grace Ministries of Thunder Bay
- Handicapped Action Group Incorporated
- Hospice Northwest
- Isthmus (Blessings in a Backpack)
- Magnus Theatre
- Marathon Public Library
- Northern Spay Neuter Program
- Northwestern Ontario Aviation Heritage Centre
- Ontario Nature (Federation of Ontario Naturalists)
- Our Kids Count
- Shelter House Thunder Bay
- Spinal Cord Injury Ontario
- St. John Ambulance Thunder Bay and Northwestern Ontario
- St. Thomas Anglican Church Family Giving Centre
- Thunder Bay & District Humane Society
- Thunder Bay Art Gallery
- Thunder Bay Symphony Ochestra Association
- Thunder Bay Symphony Youth Orchestra
- Underground Gym