Sales Manager- Radio/ Digital
Thunder Bay, ON
Country 105 and Magic 99.9, owned and operated by Acadia Broadcasting Limited, are searching for a Radio/Digital Sales Manager in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, an inspiring coach, a strong communicator, able to create custom solutions to fit client needs, and ideally a proven track record in driving radio and/or digital sales.
Reporting to the Station Manager, the Sales Manager will work with a team of advertising consultants to meet monthly, quarterly and annual targets, to attract new business, service a list of clients and ensure the team is working in collaboration with the other departments.
Essential activities of the position include:
• Through coaching and mentoring, lead the team to exceed stations’ revenue targets.
• Be an advocate for proven sales policies, practices and procedures, as well as a system of sales reporting and meetings.
• Create opportunities and build relationships in the business community to strengthen existing and new local accounts.
• Communicate consistently with our National Sales Agency to support their representatives and maintain rate integrity
• Champion in-house training (Franklin Covey - Leadership and Seven Habits).
• Lead the hiring process as well as skills and knowledge development of new Advertising Consultants.
• Develop plans and strategies that best represent our stations in the competitive market.
• Lead weekly sales meetings and be an active participant in management and promotional meetings.
• Five years combined experience as a Senior Sales Person or Sales Manager.
• Proven track record of sales success in a competitive market.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills.
• Ability to lead and motivate a team of sales professionals.
• Ability to manage all day-to-day sales business including revenue and expenses.
• Proficient with MS Office, CRM, Numeris Airware and SDS would be an asset.
• Experience with digital sales and all supporting analytics would be an asset.
• Valid driver’s license
We strive to be the best radio station in every market we serve through quality local programming, achieving positive results for advertisers, and rewarding employee excellence. If you are interested in joining our team, please apply to Scott Pettigrew, Station Manager at [email protected]